Homemade Granola (Deluxe Version)
Created by: Silvia Rocca @ www.silviarocca.com
Makes for 32 oz mason jar
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 2 cups of rolled oats (look for gluten-free oats if needed)
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of cacao powder (you can substitute dark cocoa or carob powder)
- 1/3 cup coconut shavings, unsweetened (optional)
- 4 tablespoons of real maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of pepita seeds
- 1/2 cup of dried apricots, diced (sulphite free varieties)
- 1/2 cup of your favourite nut pieces (eg. walnuts, cashews, pecans)
1. Preheat over to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a small saucer pan, heat coconut oil until it becomes liquid. Let cool. If already liquid, skip this step.
3. In a bowl, add all ingredients (except apricots) and toss well.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread granola mixture evenly throughout sheet.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes and then give it a toss and bake other side for another 10 minutes.
6. Remove sheet from oven and let cool. Once cooled, add diced apricots to the baked granola mix.
You can store granola in a mason jar or any other air-tight glass container. Store at room temperature for up to 4 weeks.
Top it on your favourite yogurt, use it as cereal or eat it on its own as a snack.